Payment Policy & Office Procedures:
Thank you for choosing SRB & Associates and welcome to our practice. We request that you review and understand our patient payment and office polices in advance – in order to avoid any misunderstandings. It is our intent to explain to you and to inform you of procedures, options, and fees associated with your care. If you have any questions, please call the office to speak to a member of our team.
Our Payment Policy
Payment for services provided is due at the time of your office visit. We will not deny care to any patient due to uncertainty of insurance coverage. However, you are responsible for any non-covered services.
- Always bring your current health insurance card to the office.
- Please notify us at time of check-in with any changes in insurance, address, phone number, etc.
- You should receive a bill for any patient financial responsibility within 30 days or an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance carrier.
- You are responsible for all balances not paid by your insurance carrier.
- If you have a copayment or deductible, payment is expected at the time services are rendered.
- Patients with an outstanding payment balance of more than 60 days must make arrangements for payment prior to scheduling.
As a courtesy, SRB & Associates will bill your insurance plan for you. However, if we do not receive payment within 60 days, it becomes your responsibility to pay your balance and to recover that payment from your insurance. If you have not provided us with the correct and current insurance information at the time of service, and payment by the insurance is refused because of untimely filing, then the payment becomes your financial responsibility.
- Self-Paying Patients- Payment in full is expected for all services rendered at the time of your office visit.
- Commercial Insurance – If you provide a current insurance ID card with a plan that we participate with, we will bill services to your primary insurance at no charge to you. Please refer to the insurance link on our website or call our billing department for a current listing of insurance plans that we accept.
Unpaid Accounts & Returned Checks
If your balance has not been paid after 90 days, your account will be referred to an outside collection agency. There will be a $25 fee for each account that is referred to the agency. Also, a $40 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
Scheduling an appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call the office at 904-262-5333. Our office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm and Wednesday from 8:30 am until 12 pm noon.
As a courtesy to our patients and to improve the speed and quality of our testing process, our office uses the patient portal to deliver your test results, complete your health history, and to schedule appointments. And, you can speak to our team via the portal. You will find the portal very helpful and efficient.
Cancellations and No-Shows
Your appointment time is important to us. Please honor this commitment by making it your priority. In the event you are unable to keep your appointment or are going to be late, please call the office as soon as possible. This courtesy allows us to provide considerate and timely services to all our patients. If you cancel less than 24 hours in advance or are a no-show for your appointment, you will be charged a $35 fee.
We prefer to refill your medication at the time of your office visit. Please bring your medication list with you to each appointment.
Due to the large number of refill requests that we receive, it may take up to 48 hours for us to call or fax in your prescription to your pharmacy. Please be sure to give us at least 48 hours notice on all refill requests.
We will be happy to complete any medical forms. Please allow us up to three working days for completion of forms. There will be a $30 fee charged per form. Patients with outstanding payment balances greater than 60 days will not be able to receive their forms until balances are current.
After Hours Emergencies
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, we recommend that you dial 911. However, if you need after hours advice for a serious problem, please call our main office phone number 904-262-5333 to reach the answering service.
Information regarding your medical records can be obtained by calling the medical practice during regular business hours. A charge is applied for copies of your medical records. The state law has set the cost at $1 per page for up to 25 pages, and then $.25 cents per page for remaining pages.
Medical records are kept confidential. We will not release any of your medical information without first obtaining a signed authorization from you. HIPAA forms are available for patients to complete and allow us to speak to the designated person. These laws are in place to protect you and your confidential information.
Your medical records are strictly private. No information will be given to others without your written permission, except as required by law.